Conditions of Sale
All prices are subject to VAT unless stated.
- The placement of an order implies the unconditional acceptance on the part of the customer to the Kent wood flooring Terms and Conditions of Business as set out below.
- If an order is cancelled after the order has been placed, the full material costs will be payable by the customer. If a cancellation is required by the customer, we will need at least 7 working days’ notice prior to the start date.
- On acceptance of the quote an invoice for a 50% deposit or the cost of materials (whichever is more) will be issued. This will need to be paid prior to any materials being ordered. Dates will only be held for 7 working days after acceptance of the quote if no deposit has been received.
- The deposit is only refundable should a job be cancelled prior to 7 working days before to start date and will be minus any materials purchased.
- When agreed days of work is unable to go ahead within seven working days’ notice due to customer delays (i.e. building work not completed, room not cleared or customer not available) the customer shall be liable for labour costs to cover the wasted day’s work.
- Once installation/sanding has been completed, an invoice for the balance will be issued. Please note that the goods supplied are to remain the property of Kent wood flooring until the payment has been received in full. If a customer requests part of the work to remain outstanding, then we shall invoice for the work carried out to date.
- Our Terms of Payment are strictly four working days from the completion date. The company will levy interest at 5% per week compounded on all outstanding balances unpaid after four working days.
- Variations in colour occur due to changes in the nature of raw material used in manufacture. Cartons and packages are clearly marked with product details, and the goods must be checked before laying. No claims will be accepted for mismatched or faulty material if the material has been cut or laid.
- Claims arising from damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit must be made in writing to the Company within 3 working days, and the delivery ticket must be signed subject to damage or discrepancy. Claims for non-delivery must be made to the company within 10 working days of the invoice.
- All goods supplied by the company remain its property until paid for, and it is a condition of any contract that the customer is deemed to have given his irrevocable authority for the company to enter his land and remove its goods at any time and /or sever from the customers’ land or that of any person or company who has notice of these conditions, any goods belonging to the Company which may have become a fixture. Notwithstanding the foregoing, from the time when the customer has collected goods or when the Company has delivered the goods either to the customer or to any independent carrier, then the risk therein and all liability to third parties in respect thereof shall pass to the customer, and the customer shall accept the responsibility for, and shall carry the loss arising from damage to the Company’s goods however caused.
- The Company endeavours to execute all accepted orders with reasonable promptness but shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage resulting from delays or defaults in making deliveries. Likewise, The Company will not be liable in any way for the loss or labour costs resulting from delays or defaults in making deliveries howsoever caused.
- When delivering to the site on behalf of a customer, the company drivers or couriers must be able to obtain a signature as proof of delivery. We reserve the right to retain the goods should nobody be prepared to accept responsibility for them. The Company will accept no responsibility for the unloading of goods on site nor their storage or security.
- Materials will only be accepted back by prior arrangements, and a handling charge of a minimum 15% will be made. Non-stock or special orders cannot be cancelled or accepted back once the order has been placed and processed.
- Nothing in the Price List shall be deemed to constitute an offer and The Company reserves the right to reject any orders. No order is binding on The Company until an official acknowledgement, letter or despatch document has been raised on its official forms.
- The placing of all orders implies the unconditional acceptance by the customer of this and all the preceding Conditions of Sales. Any qualifications of variation in the customers’ order or acceptance or otherwise shall be excluded unless expressly agreed by Company in writing, and no employee or agent of the Company is authorised to make oral variations to these conditions.
- The Company will not be liable in any way for replacement materials or labour costs resulting from incorrect material supplied. The company liability will be restricted only to the supply of replacement materials should it be proven that the company is at fault.
- No responsibility can be accepted for damage to services under the floor or consequential damage to the property or fitting unless they are clearly marked for the fitter to see.
- Our estimators will try to advise if the doors will need to be cut to fit. In most cases, we can arrange for the work to be carried out in accordance with Installation. We will make you aware if there is an extra charge as soon as we can.
- To facilitate speedy and efficient installation/sanding, all areas must be cleared of furniture. If there are heavy items that cannot be moved, then we will help with the removal but will not be held responsible for any damaged items unless we have charged for furniture removal. It is the customer’s responsibility to remove all of the furniture.
- Kent Wood Flooring will not move furniture back unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Fitting is to be carried out between 8-5pm Monday to Friday. If times are required outside of these time’s they will be arranged prior to fitting. All fitting are booked in advance with the customer. Whilst every effort is made to adhere to fitting dates and times, events out of our control can regrettably result in last-minute cancellations or adjustments. We will do all in our power to arrange work but cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience caused.
- Unfortunately, when sanding the skirting boards will be marked by the machines and will need touching up and repairs in places. Kent wood flooring will not be held responsible for any repairs or touching-up caused during sanding or staining.
- Skirting boards will be fitted but will not be finished. Kent wood flooring do not decorate the skirting boards once fitted and they will be left as they were sold.
- Gap filling is a service we provide however, we make everyone aware that it is NOT a repair of gaps that have formed over time, it is only a filler within a gap in a natural product that will continue to move and require refilling again. There is an additional charge for this service.
- In the unlikely event that a complaint may arise, the customer should contact Kent wood flooring within 2 working days of work completion. A site visit will be arranged as soon as possible.
- “The Company” in all the above conditions refers to Kent wood flooring Ltd and/or its servants.
- Kent wood flooring is not responsible for the acclimatisation of our products sold: it is solely our customers’ responsibility. We expect our customers to work to “Industry Standards” & BS8201.
- Unless an item has been quoted for on the job sheet or itemised somewhere, it is not included in the price quoted.
- Reports completed will be chargeable at £80 and deducted from the final invoice for works. #
Please understand that the floor will continue to move, and the resin will break. The filler will NOT stop the floor from moving and will never be completely filled as the sanding machines are always pulling at the floor and will remove parts of the filler. It will not last forever and we cannot give a timeframe as it is variable to the floor, how it was fitted, and the traffic.
Unit 4 Pettings Court Farm
Registered No: 8912979
Directors: C Comerford